1/2/09

New Year

Well folks its that time of year, time to tell yourself once again that you can change. Time for resolutions.

I asked Bree what her resolutions were and she simply said "to be less lazy." I asked if that was it and she said she is keeping it simple this year.

I on the other hand have a few. I'm not sure if they are resolutions much less things I want to accomplish as a friend of mine said. Then again I'm not sure if there is much of a difference.

1. To become a good father:
One thing I have noticed since Riley was born is that you can't fix everything. I just want to be able to learn what she needs and be able to give it to her.

2. Continue to be a good husband:
Bree says I am, and I'll take her word. But I obviously want to continue to be there for her and give her everything she needs as well.

3. Re-design my website:
While Bookie Productions has gone through a few website revisions in its time, I feel there is a lot more that can be done. I have a few ideas but need time to do it and to gain a bit more knowledge on how to do it.

4. Make a film for the Salem Film Festival 72 hour event:
Basically they give you 72 hours to write, film, and edit a short movie. I did this competition in 06 and 07, I missed it this last year and would like to get another crack at it.

5. Make a web-esode series:
I've been kicking around an idea for a web TV show. I've recruited a friend, John, to help write it. He would also be acting in it possibly. The first episode is almost done from a writing standpoint. We are very loosely targeting February right now for filming. We hope to do about 10 episode a year. The episodes would be hosting on the bookie site and possibly played on local access TV. So if you know anyone who would like to be in it or help out on it drop me a line or send them the blogs way.

I'll leave you with a video of Riley's first stretch of 2009.

1 comment:

Ben and Alli said...

Happy New Year! Baby stretches are so cute! Can't wait until my first baby stretch. Alli