1/12/10

The weekend

Saturday 1.9.10
Bob was in town celebrating a birthday. He was going to tour the Man vs. Food Portland version. I met him and some other friends at the Stepping Stone Cafe and got some grub. I had the bacon avocado and cheese omelet.

We then headed to the studio to film the 45th episode of Portland Men on Sports. Loren and I left after we taped the first segment. Martell Webster was signing autographs at the near by Fred Meyers. We got there and got in line only to be told that Webster had to leave at 3 and that we most likely would not get up there in time. We debated weather we should leave or not and while we were still talking about it we were told that we were the cut off point. We got up there and Loren introduced us and told him about the show and reminded him that he follows us on twitter. Loren had him sign some autographs. I was going to get my pic with him but I thought why not ask him to record a small vid for the show. I asked him to say "Hi I'm Martell Webster, and your watching Portland Men on Sports." He said sure and and did it. Check it out here. What a cool guy. After that we went back and finished the shoot.

I headed home and gathered the family. Next we met Bob and co at Salvidor Mollys. It was packed so Bree, Riley, Jake, Barb and I sat together and chowed down. I had the Cuban sandwich. We still got to see Bob eat the Balls of fire. He did it, but had to slow down after a quick first bite.

Bree, Riley and I headed home for the night as the group continued to Voodoo Donuts.

Sunday 1.10.10
Not too much happened on Sunday. Just our normal stuff. I watched some football, we took Riley to swim class and hit the grocery store.

No comments: